Lyndsay at I used to be Witty is a new found bloggy friend. She's funny and she's in HR....which, if you didn't know is a rare combination. Please visit her site to see her answers to my
brilliant questions. And these are the questions she had for me.
1) What indulgence is your weakness? Go ahead, spill it, what is your guilty-pleasure? We all have one.
The spa. And lately I have really amped up the indulgences (not to be confused with indulgences once sold by the Catholic Church). I have been going there regularly to get facials and the occasional massage. With the stress of my life lately it really helps relax me. I've even started taking CoCo there for facials because she has inherited my oily skin and the aesthician there is phenomenal for that (and she's not scared that I have pimples AND wrinkles -- but that is another post dahling).
2) How did you end up in the Human Resources field? What would your second career choice be? How do you feel about a "take a blogger to work day"? You can pull some strings, right?
Ha! Love this question, and the idea of "Take a Blogger to Work Day".
To steal a quote from my favorite movie, "Like many events in my strange life I was taken there by the current". - Memoirs of a Geisha
Here's a summary of how I ended up in HR:
Law School: realized I'm not cut out for paper pushing.
Chicago: realized I loved it.
Recruiting: realized I loved people (go figure).
Friend takes VP role at awesome company: she realizes she needs me there.
I become an HR professional.
I promise more details in my second book, " "HR Rock n Rolla"
3) From reading your blog, I can tell what an involved, connected mom your are to your little girls. It also sounds like you have a great relationship with your parents. If you could give one piece of advice to other moms, what would it be?
Here is my one peice of advice....don't be too hard on yourself and don't be too hard on other Moms. We are all doing the best we can and that's all we can expect from ourselves and one another. Be kind to other mothers...some days the kindness of other moms is the only kindness we get.
Wait. Is that one peice of advice??? I don't know. I'm not great with math.
4) You write so openly and honestly on your blog. What is one thing about you that people are surprised to learn?
That I'm actually a man.
5) Why did you start blogging? What have you loved about blogging that caught you by surprise?
I started bloggin as a creative outlet and found a community of people who are wonderful to communicate with. It's been such a surprise pleasure and since I drug my mother (kicking and screaming) into it, we've had another forum about which to connect which has really been fun for the two of us too.
Thanks so much Lyndsay, may you live a long and happy Human Resources life. And I will need your home number in case I ever need to find a job...thanks again.